As new cases of Covid – 19 are continuing to rise in Haldimand County we are working diligently here at Silverthorne to keep our workers and visiting truck drivers both picking up and delivering product to SRI safe and free of contamination.
Although we do not have any cases here at SRI, we’d like to do our best to keep it that way. Our Safety and Management have met and have addressed some serious concerns and possible areas that leave us open to possible cross contamination. We are asking our customers who send trucks to SRI Dunnville to keep the truck drivers in their trucks and call our office and speak to Lori Siddall 905-774-1269 x 303. They’ll be given instructions to their loading area. They should have their paperwork from you including any packing slips, customs documents etc. WE WILL NOT BE EXCHANGING PAPERWORK WITH ANY DRIVERS. We suggest if needed they take pictures of their loads as proof of loading and unloading. This is all new to us and we will work with you to make sure your drivers and our workers stay safe. Please let me know if you have any concerns.
At this time when the news is dominated by the Coronavirus, we at Silverthorne would like to let you know that we are vigilantly implementing enhanced protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees. We have one simple objective that guides us: keeping you and our employees safe and confident.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization, Federal, Provincial and Haldimand Health authorities regarding the spread of the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet customer needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe. For the latest updates, we recommend that you refer to the guidance as provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada or the World Health Organization website.
Here’s what we’re doing at Silverthorne Refractories Inc. to protect you and our employees:
- We are instructing employees who feel ill to stay home and consult their local Public Health Agency and follow COVID-19 testing protocol including self-isolation if directed.
- We are urging all employees to be vigilant about frequent hand washing and using proper hand sanitizers before and during work hours . Our employees and visitors have been provided an ample supply to protect themselves.
- EMPLOYEES ONLY WILL BE PERMITTED INSIDE THE PLANT. NO EXCEPTIONS. We have put a Portable Bathroom in place on the exterior area of the property for your convenience.
- We are asking Freight and service contract people to call to announce their arrival 905-774-1269 x 303. We will provide directions to our shipping office and hands free paperwork pick up area inside the shipping office door. We will not have a copy, fax or email service to report customs or otherwise to freight companies.
DRIVERS must answer no to all the questions that include the following:
Please be advised if you meet any of the following conditions, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ENTER THIS PREMISES.
- Presently showing flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath;
- Have in the last 14-days experienced flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath;
- In the last 14-days have traveled outside of North America or to a COVID-19 high-risk area;
- If they have been in close contact with anyone confirmed positive, quarantined or is being evaluated for COVID-19.
Thank you in advance for assisting us in protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors and visitors.
For assistance please call 905-774-1269 x 303
Thank you for your cooperation,
Silverthorne Refractories Inc.